“The EU’s limits on the amount of chemical residue found in food products is clearly a source of aggravation to Indian businesses, who describe complications complying with rules on a range of exports:
• Trace amounts of of fungicide in basmati rice
• Growth retarding chemicals in grapes
• Aflatoxins in chillies and spices
• Antibiotics in fish products
• Food hygiene standards at processing plants involved in milk products such as paneer
… The report cites an assortment of other complaints with a range of EU rules, such as lead limits in jewellery.” https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2018/07/12/brexit-uk-india-trade-review-out-of-reach/
European directives may seem to be lagging in the drive toward renewable energy generation, but at least they have banned jewel-fuelled vehicles.